The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 18 “Sarah” KDE Edition.
Linux Mint 18 Sarah KDE Edition
Linux Mint 18 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
- 2GB RAM.
- 10GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommend for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold in the last 10 years are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- If you are running the BETA, click the refresh button in your Update Manager and apply any outstanding level 1 updates.
- It is not possible to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.3 KDE (this edition uses Plasma 5 and this is considered a different desktop).
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
- Worldwide EvoWise CDN
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada University of Waterloo Computer Science Club
- USA Advanced Network Computing Lab at the University of Hawaii
- USA advancedhosters.com
- USA Fusion Cloud
- USA Go-Parts
- USA James Madison University
- USA kernel.org
- USA Linux Freedom
- USA MetroCast Cablevision
- USA Nexcess
- USA TAP Open Source Mirror
- USA XMission Internet
- Austria Goodie Domain Service
- Austria UPC Austria
- Belarus ByFly
- Bulgaria IPACCT
- Bulgaria Netix Ltd
- Bulgaria Telepoint
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Czech Republic Ignum, s.r.o.
- Czech Republic UPC Ceska republika
- Denmark Dotsrc.org
- Denmark KLID
- France Crifo.org
- France Gwendal Le Bihan
- France IRCAM
- France Ordimatic
- Germany FH Aachen
- Germany GWDG
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany NetCologne GmbH
- Greece Hellenic Telecommunications Organization
- Greece National Technical University of Athens
- Greece University of Crete
- Iceland Siminn hf
- Ireland HEAnet
- Italy GARR
- Latvia University of Latvia
- Luxembourg root S.A.
- Netherlands NLUUG
- Netherlands Triple IT
- Poland ICM – University of Warsaw
- Poland Onet
- Poland Piotrkosoft
- Portugal Universidade do Porto
- Romania M247
- Romania ServerHost
- Russia Yandex Team
- Serbia University of Kragujevac
- Slovakia Energotel
- Slovakia Rainside
- Spain Oficina de Software Libre do Cixug
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Sweden c0urier.net
- Sweden Portlane
- Switzerland SWITCH
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- Ukraine IP-Connect LLC
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- China TUNA
- China University of Science and Technology of China Linux User Group
- Israel Israel Internet Association
- Kazakhstan Neolabs
- Philippines RISE
- Singapore 0x.sg
- South Korea KAIST
- South Korea NeowizGames corp
- Taiwan NCHC
- Taiwan TamKang University
- Taiwan Yuan Ze University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Thailand adminbannok.com
- Thailand Kasetsart University
- Thailand Songkla University
- Australia AARNet
- Australia iiNet
- Australia Internode
- Australia Yes Optus Mirror
- New Caledonia OFFRATEL LAGOON
- New Zealand Xnet
- Argentina Xfree
- Brazil Universidade Federal do Parana
- Ecuador CEDIA
- Ecuador CEDIA Ecuador
- Ecuador Escuela Politecnica Natcional
- South Africa Internet Solutions
- South Africa University of Free State
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun with this new release!