This is the BETA release for LMDE 6 “Faye”.
LMDE 6 Faye
The ISO images for this BETA were replaced and are now labeled “beta2”.
They include a fix for a critical regression found in the installer.
Although the issue only happened in particular conditions it could potentially result in the wrong device being formatted.
For more information on the regression: https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde6-beta/issues/31.
Thankfully this was detected internally and during the BETA phase. We haven’t heard of anyone being affected. We hope it stays that way. If you downloaded the original ISO please delete it. The installed OS itself is not affected.
LMDE is a Linux Mint project which stands for “Linux Mint Debian Edition”. Its goal is to ensure Linux Mint would be able to continue to deliver the same user experience, and how much work would be involved, if Ubuntu was ever to disappear. LMDE is also one of our development targets, to guarantee the software we develop is compatible outside of Ubuntu.
LMDE aims to be as similar as possible to Linux Mint, but without using Ubuntu. The package base is provided by Debian instead.
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
- 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 20GB of disk space (100GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- This BETA release might contain critical bugs, please only use it for testing purposes and to help the Linux Mint team fix issues prior to the stable release.
- It will be possible to upgrade from this BETA to the stable release.
- Upgrade instructions will be published after the stable release.
- Bugs in this release should be reported on Github at https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde6-beta.
- Create one issue per bug.
- As described in the Linux Mint Troubleshooting Guide, do not report or create issues for observations.
- Be as accurate as possible and include any information that might help developers reproduce the issue or understand the cause of the issue:
- Bugs we can reproduce, or which cause we understand are usually fixed very easily.
- It is important to mention whether a bug happens “always”, or “sometimes”, and what triggers it.
- If a bug happens but didn’t happen before, or doesn’t happen in another distribution, or doesn’t happen in a different environment, please mention it and try to pinpoint the differences at play.
- If we can’t reproduce a particular bug and we don’t understand its cause, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fix it.
- The BETA phase is literally a bug squashing rush, where the team is extremely busy and developers try to fix as many bugs as fast as possible.
- There usually are a huge number of reports and very little time to answer everyone or explain why a particular report is not considered a bug, or won’t get fixed. Don’t let this frustrate you, whether it’s acknowledged or not, we appreciate everyone’s help.
- Torrent https://www.linuxmint.com/torrents/lmde-6-cinnamon-64bit-beta2.iso.torrent
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada University of Waterloo Computer Science Club
- USA Clarkson University
- USA Fremont Cabal Internet Exchange
- USA GigeNET
- USA Harvard School of Engineering
- USA James Madison University
- USA Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13
- USA Purdue Linux Users Group
- USA Skynet Communications of Kentucky
- USA Team Cymru
- Belarus ByFly
- Bulgaria DarkNET LTD
- Bulgaria IPACCT
- Bulgaria Netix Ltd
- Bulgaria Telepoint
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Czech Republic CZ.NIC
- Czech Republic UPC Ceska republika
- Czech Republic Webglobe
- France Crifo.org
- France Johnnybegood
- France Université de Reims
- Germany dogado GmbH
- Germany Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Germany Funkfreunde Landshut e.V.
- Germany GWDG
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany IPB Internet Provider in Berlin GmbH
- Germany NetCologne GmbH
- Germany Netzwerge GmbH
- Germany PyrateLAN.party
- Germany University of Frankfurt
- Germany wilhelm.tel GmbH
- Greece GreekLUG
- Greenland Tele Greenland
- Hungary Quantum Mirror
- Ireland HEAnet
- Italy GARR
- Latvia University of Latvia
- Moldova hacktegic.com
- Moldova iHost
- Netherlands Evoluso.com
- Netherlands KoDDoS
- Netherlands LiteServer
- Netherlands NLUUG
- Poland Host4Biz
- Poland Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
- Portugal FCCN
- Portugal PTISP
- Portugal RNL – Técnico Lisboa
- Portugal Universidade do Porto
- Romania Hostico
- Romania Orange
- Romania Orange Romania
- Russia Powernet ISP
- Russia Truenetwork
- Russia Yandex Team
- Serbia University of Kragujevac
- Spain Aire Networks
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Sweden Bahnhof
- Sweden c0urier.net
- Sweden Infania Networks
- Sweden Zetup
- Switzerland Init7
- Switzerland Metanet.ch
- Turkey Guzel Hosting
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- Turkey Rabisu
- Turkey Verinomi
- Ukraine ASTRA
- Ukraine Astra.in.ua
- Ukraine FastMirror
- Ukraine IP-Connect LLC
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom mirror.vinehost.net
- United Kingdom UK Dedicated Servers
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- China Nanjing University
- India NxtGen DataCenter
- India PicoNets-WebWerks
- Kazakhstan PS Internet Company LLC
- Singapore 0x.sg
- Singapore Freedif
- South Korea AniGil Linux Archive
- New Zealand University of Canterbury
- Brazil C3SL
- Brazil Federal University of Sao Carlos
- Chile NetActuate
- Kenya Liquid Telecom
- Mauritius cloud.mu
- South Africa Dimension Data
- South Africa University of Free State
- 32-bit https://www.linuxmint.com/torrents/lmde-6-cinnamon-32bit-beta2.iso.torrent
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Many thanks in advance for testing the BETA!