The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 10 RC.
New features at a glance:
- Welcome screen
- Install codecs and upgrade to the DVD edition from the welcome screen
- Highlights newly installed applications
- Finds and installs software from the repositories
- Search engines
- GTK bookmarks support
- GTK themes support
- Software manager
- Application icons
- Better categorization
- Update manager
- Ignore updates
- Download size
- Upload manager
- UI, speed, ETA
- Connection test
- Cancel / Run in background
- New look and feel
- System improvements
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 10“.
- Splash screen resolution
- Upstream issues
To get more information about these problems and their solution, read the “Known problems” section of the release notes.
As an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help Linux Mint find and correct bugs before the stable release. Please do not use this release as your main desktop.
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Please report any bug you may find in Launchpad.
Linux Mint 10 RC is available in 32-bit and 64-bit as a liveCD, via Torrent and HTTP download:
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun testing the release candidate!