This is the BETA release for Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” KDE Edition.
Linux Mint 18.1 Serena KDE Edition
Linux Mint 18.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
- 2GB RAM.
- 10GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommend for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold in the last 10 years are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- This BETA release might contain critical bugs, please only use it for testing purposes and to help the Linux Mint team fix issues prior to the stable release.
- It will be possible to upgrade from this BETA to the stable release.
- It will also be possible to upgrade from Linux Mint 18. Upgrade instructions will be published next month after the stable release of Linux Mint 18.1.
- Please report bugs below in the comment section of this blog.
- When reporting bugs, please be as accurate as possible and include any information that might help developers reproduce the issue or understand the cause of the issue:
- Bugs we can reproduce, or which cause we understand are usually fixed very easily.
- It is important to mention whether a bug happens “always”, or “sometimes”, and what triggers it.
- If a bug happens but didn’t happen before, or doesn’t happen in another distribution, or doesn’t happen in a different environment, please mention it and try to pinpoint the differences at play.
- If we can’t reproduce a particular bug and we don’t understand its cause, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fix it.
- Please visit https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap to follow the progress of the development team between the BETA and the stable release.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
- Torrent http://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-18.1-kde-64bit-beta.iso.torrent
- World EvoWise CDN
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada University of Waterloo Computer Science Club
- USA advancedhosters.com
- USA Harvard School of Engineering
- USA James Madison University
- USA kernel.org
- USA Nexcess
- USA Redsox
- USA TDS Telecom
- USA Team Cymru
- USA XMission Internet
- Austria Goodie Domain Service
- Austria UPC Austria
- Belarus ByFly
- Bulgaria Netix Ltd
- Bulgaria Telepoint
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Czech Republic Ignum, s.r.o.
- Czech Republic UPC Ceska republika
- Denmark Dotsrc.org
- Denmark KLID
- France Crifo.org
- France Gwendal Le Bihan
- France IRCAM
- France Ordimatic
- Germany GWDG
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany NetCologne GmbH
- Greece Hellenic Telecommunications Organization
- Greece National Technical University of Athens
- Greece University of Crete
- Hungary Infotronik
- Iceland Siminn hf
- Ireland HEAnet
- Italy GARR
- Latvia University of Latvia
- Luxembourg root S.A.
- Netherlands NLUUG
- Netherlands Triple IT
- Poland ICM – University of Warsaw
- Poland Onet
- Poland Piotrkosoft
- Portugal Universidade do Porto
- Romania ServerHost
- Russia Yandex Team
- Serbia University of Kragujevac
- Slovakia Rainside
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Sweden c0urier.net
- Sweden Portlane
- Switzerland SWITCH
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- Ukraine IP-Connect LLC
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- Bangladesh dhakaCom Limited
- China TUNA
- Iran Rasanegar
- Israel Israel Internet Association
- Kazakhstan Neolabs
- Philippines RISE
- South Korea KAIST
- Taiwan TamKang University
- Taiwan Yuan Ze University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Thailand Songkla University
- Vietnam FPT Telecom
- Australia Internode
- Australia Yes Optus Mirror
- New Caledonia OFFRATEL LAGOON
- New Zealand University of Canterbury
- Argentina Xfree
- Brazil Universidade Federal do Parana
- Ecuador CEDIA
- Ecuador CEDIA Ecuador
- Ecuador Escuela Politecnica Natcional
- South Africa Internet Solutions
- South Africa University of Free State
- South Africa WIRUlink
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Many thanks in advance for testing the BETA!