This is the third attempt at launching a podcast about Linux Mint and this time we want to get something working for and by the community.
We’re looking for:
- a benevolent dictator for this new podcast. Somebody who will be available frequently and who would be the real leader behind this project.
- people who want to co-host the show or contribute sections to it.
Once a team is in place we want that new podcast to have its own .com so it can generate its own revenue and develop its own model. Our intention isn’t to maintain this podcast ourselves, but to gather a team who will do that independently.
Ideally we’d like to see that podcast release on a weekly basis and cover the topics we talk about in this blog. We’d like it to be something the community would listen to learn more about Mint but also something we’d listen to to know more about our community.
Ideally we’d like:
- hosts not to read notes, but to speak and improvise.
- the format of the show to be clear (know what topics you will talk about before you start).
- the show to be serious without being formal
- the show to start small if necessary (don’t be too ambitious), but to guarantee a weekly release.
PS: It takes one man for a project to succeed so if you’re motivated and confident about yourself, please come forward. Of course the bigger the team the better, but if many people are motivated and if they live in different regions of the World and can’t work together for some other reasons we can help launch more than one podcast.
There are many ways Linux Mint can help such podcasts (trafic, audience, content) and many ways these podcasts will help us as well. Let’s make this work, let’s give a voice to our community, let’s look forward to have a place where we can talk.