The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 18 “Sarah” Cinnamon Edition.
Linux Mint 18 Sarah Cinnamon Edition
Linux Mint 18 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
- 512MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommend for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold in the last 10 years are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- If you are running the BETA, click the refresh button in your Update Manager and apply any outstanding level 1 updates. Note also that samba was removed in the stable release as it negatively impacted boot speed. To remove samba, open a terminal and type “apt purge samba”.
- It will also be possible to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.3. Upgrade instructions will be published next month.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
- Australia AARNet
- Australia iiNet
- Australia Internode
- Australia Yes Optus Mirror
- Austria Goodie Domain Service
- Austria UPC Austria
- Belarus ByFly
- Brazil Universidade Federal do Parana
- Bulgaria IPACCT
- Bulgaria Netix Ltd
- Bulgaria Telepoint
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada University of Waterloo Computer Science Club
- China TUNA
- China University of Science and Technology of China Linux User Group
- Czech Republic Ignum, s.r.o.
- Denmark KLID
- Ecuador CEDIA
- Ecuador CEDIA Ecuador
- Ecuador Escuela Politecnica Natcional
- France Crifo.org
- France Gwendal Le Bihan
- France IRCAM
- France Ordimatic
- Germany FH Aachen
- Germany GWDG
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany NetCologne GmbH
- Greece Hellenic Telecommunications Organization
- Greece National Technical University of Athens
- Greece University of Crete
- Iceland Siminn hf
- Indonesia Jaran.undip
- Ireland HEAnet
- Israel Israel Internet Association
- Italy GARR
- Kazakhstan Neolabs
- Latvia University of Latvia
- Luxembourg root S.A.
- Netherlands NLUUG
- Netherlands Triple IT
- New Caledonia OFFRATEL LAGOON
- New Zealand University of Canterbury
- New Zealand Xnet
- Philippines RISE
- Poland ICM – University of Warsaw
- Poland Onet
- Poland Piotrkosoft
- Portugal Universidade do Porto
- Romania M247
- Romania ServerHost
- Russia Yandex Team
- Serbia University of Kragujevac
- Singapore 0x.sg
- Slovakia Rainside
- South Africa Internet Solutions
- South Africa University of Free State
- South Korea KAIST
- South Korea NeowizGames corp
- Spain Oficina de Software Libre do Cixug
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Sweden Portlane
- Switzerland SWITCH
- Taiwan NCHC
- Taiwan TamKang University
- Taiwan Yuan Ze University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Thailand adminbannok.com
- Thailand Kasetsart University
- Thailand Songkla University
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- Ukraine IP-Connect LLC
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- USA Advanced Network Computing Lab at the University of Hawaii
- USA advancedhosters.com
- USA Fusion Cloud
- USA James Madison University
- USA kernel.org
- USA MetroCast Cablevision
- USA Nexcess
- USA TAP Open Source Mirror
- USA XMission Internet
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun with this new release!