Mint 5 editions:
- XFCE CE (stable) will be released early next week.
- Fluxbox CE (RC) will be released before next week-end.
- KDE CE RC1 was close to being stable, both Boo and Exploder are happy to call it stable. There’s a tiny little glitch with xdg-user-dirs which I want to fix so technically the final ISO will be different but if you’re running KDE CE RC1 you don’t need to wait for the final release, you’re already running a stable system.
- Work on the x64 edition is on hold for a few days.
- There won’t be any time dedicated to the Debian Edition before Mint 6 is out.
- There won’t be any time dedicated to an eventual Enterprise Edition before Mint 6 is out.
- Main and Light (which will become “Universal” and come with language packs) will have a new revision to include the new Firefox, Flash 10 (when it’s stable), and the latest version of the mint tools (mintUpdate 3, mintInstall 5..etc). This “revision 2” might come after Mint 6 itself, it’s hard to say at this stage.
Mint 6 tools:
- MintUpdate 3 is ready.
- MintInstall 5 is ready.
- OEM support is planned for mintAssistant but work hasn’t started on that yet.
- An upgrade tool is planned and work on this should start very soon now.
- There are no significant improvements planned for the other tools.
- Improvements made for the tools in Mint 6 will make their way into the backport section of the Mint 5 repository.
Other than that:
… well we’ve got plenty of ideas, we’ll see how much we’ll do depending on how much time we’ve got 🙂