Lars Peter Clausen made significant improvements to mintMenu and the version coming in Elyssa brings a lot of new features, among which:
- A graphical configuration tool for mintMenu
- The ability to define for each application if you want them to start automatically when you log in
- Drag and drop support to arrange favorite applications
- Fixes around the memory leaks issues
- Fixes around the delay issue related to installing/removing applications
The localization layer was also redone and currently supports English and French. Translations will be done by the community via the forums once the first versions get released in Romeo.
Also, we’re currently working on adding a way to see recently opened documents…
So basically, mintMenu 3.1 should be faster, more responsive, translated in more languages, bring more features and be more configurable.
We should expect it to be released in Romeo in a week or so.