The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 8 “Helena” Xfce Community Edition.
- Download the ISO or the torrent.
- While it’s downloading look at the overview of the new features in Linux Mint 8 Xfce, read the User Guide and make sure to quickly go through the known issues.
- After the ISO is downloaded verify the MD5 (as described in the user guide).
- Burn the ISO at low speed and enjoy Linux Mint 8 Xfce.
Introduction to Linux Mint 8 Xfce:
Based on Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, Linux 2.6.31, Xfce 4.6.1 and Xorg 7.4, Linux Mint 8 “Helena” Xfce CE features a lot of improvements and the latest software from the Open Source World.
Featured improvements in this release: OEM installation, possibility to ignore updates, configurable menu places, multiple selection in the Software Manager, new system tray File Uploader with support for drag and drop and mutiple files uploads.
For a detailed overview of the new features and improvements included in Linux Mint 8 Xfce, please read “What’s new in Helena Xfce?“.
- x86 processor
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 3 GB of disk space for installation
- GA graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Important information and known issues:
For a complete list of known issues read the release notes.
Download Linux Mint 8 Xfce:
This edition is available via HTTP and torrent from the download page.
Have a lot of fun with this edition and let us know what you think. Reviews will be answered and your feedback will be used to improve the distribution before the next release. We hope you enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed making it and we wish you a very nice experience with Linux Mint.