Our main LMDE repository, debian.linuxmint.com, showed inconsistencies and a bottleneck on network connections so we took it offline. We don’t know yet whether this is the result of an increase in traffic after the 201403 release, whether it’s an attack, or whether it’s related to a hardware issue.
Use the Software Sources tool to select a mirror
While we investigate, I would like to invite all LMDE users to switch to another mirror by following the actions below:
- From the menu, go to “Administration” and run “Software Sources”
- Click on the button on the right of “Base (testing)”
- Wait a few minutes while the tool finds the fastest mirrors around you
- Select a mirror in the list
- Click on “Update the cache”
On behalf of the team I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll keep you updated on the issue while we resolve the situation.
Update: The cause of the issue was a hardware failure. The server needs to be rebuilt and reconfigured. This is a lengthy operation but we’re hoping to have everything working again by Sunday March the 9th.