The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox RC.
New features at a glance:
- Tint2 panel
- New Thunar Move to Trash and Delete options
- New Software Manager
- 30,000 packages
- Review applications straight from the Software Manager
- APT daemon
- Visual improvements
- New Backup Tool
- Incremental backups, compression, integrity checks
- Backup/Restoration of the software selection
- Better look & feel
- Welcome screen
- Update Manager
- System improvements
- Husse quotes
- USB Creator
- Local repository
- Apt hold/unhold/held commands
- Project changes
- Community Website
- Community Editions
- Upstream improvements
- Faster boot
- Long Term Support
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox“.
- Splash screen resolution
- Animated flash
- Windows installer
- Theme issues
- Upstream issues
To get more information about these problems and their solution, read the “Known problems” section of the release notes.
As an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help Linux Mint find and correct bugs before the stable release. Please do not use this release as your main desktop.
- x86 processor
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Please report any bug you may find in Launchpad.
Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox RC is available in 32-bit as a liveCD, via Torrent and HTTP download:
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun testing the release candidate!