The following updates were pushed towards the stable branch of the Linux Mint 5 repositories:
- mintUpload: 1.4 –> 2.0.2 (adds FTP support)
- mintUpdate: 2.7 –> 3.2.2 (adds proxy support, history of updates and new GUI)
- mintInstall: 3.9 –> 5.3.6 (featuring the new “Software Manager” frontend)
- mintMenu: 4.0 –> 4.1.2 (many under-the-hood fixes, adapted to the new software manager)
- mintSystem: 1.3 –> 5.5 (new terminal commands: search, apt contains, apt content)
mintNanny was also added to the repositories. Install mintnanny-gnome or mintnanny-kde depending on your edition of Linux Mint.
Note 1: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa is an LTS (Long Term Support) release. It is used by 43% of Mint users (46% use Linux Mint 6 Felicia and 12% use Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna). With these updates the mint tools now provide a similar level of functionality between the latest release (Mint 6) and the latest LTS release (Mint 5).
Note 2: You should restart X after performing these updates.