I’m planning the following three releases:
Friday 25 /07–> KDE CE RC1
Friday 01/08 –> XFCE CE Stable
Friday 08/08 –> KDE CE Stable
I’ll also be rolling out an R2 on Main and its new Universal Edition. Once all of this is out I’ll be experimenting with the x64 edition.
Shane is also working on the Fluxbox CE but I’m not sure how it will fit into all this at this stage, in terms of delays and schedule.
Note: The Universal edition will replace the Light Edition. It will come without codecs but with a .mint file to install them on the desktop, it will contain language packs for all major languages, a vanilla Grub (non-graphical) and it will come as a DVD.
Note: We’ll release “when ready”, as usual. Dates don’t mean much to us and that’s why we usually don’t communicate them. I’m only giving these dates to give people an idea but if something needs fixing then we’ll be releasing later that that of course.