I think I can speak for the team when I say we’re all really excited about this release. It’s new, it looks fantastic and it’s our first ever KDE4 release. I would like to congratulate Boo for the excellent work he’s done on this edition, and I’m proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1.
This edition is based on Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, Linux 2.6.27, Xorg 7.4 and it comes with the latest KDE 4.2 and Amarok 2.0. For a complete list of new features read: Whats new in Felicia KDE CE?
System requirements and known issues:
You need 256MB RAM to run the Live CD or install. To install, you need a minimum of 4GB of free space on your hard disk. Once installed, Linux Mint 6 KDE CE can run with 256MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to have at least 512MB RAM.
As an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help Linux Mint find and correct bugs before the stable release. Please do not use this release as your main desktop. For a complete list of known issues read the Release Notes.
Feedback and bug reports:
The testing will last for 2 weeks. Please report any bug you may find via the Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 Bug Thread and give us your feedback on this release by posting a comment right here on the blog.
Download Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1:
You can download Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 via torrent or via HTTP:
Size: 1.1GB LiveDVD
- http://cesium.di.uminho.pt/pub/linuxmint/testing/ (Portugal)
- http://mirrors.cytanet.com.cy/linux/mint/testing/ (Cyprus)
- http://mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net/linuxmint.com/testing/ (UK)
- http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/ (Ireland)
- http://ftp.klid.dk/ftp/linuxmint/testing/ (Denmark)
- http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/linuxmint/testing/ (Greece)
- http://mirror.amarillolinux.com/linuxmint/testing/ (USA)
- http://linuxmint.secsup.org/testing/ (USA)
- ftp://mirrors.secution.com/linuxmint.com/testing/ (USA)
- http://linuxmint.sourcemirrors.org/testing/ (USA)
Rest of the World:
Have a lot of fun testing this release candidate and let’s all hope it will help us make a great stable release.